Game Storage

Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, 360 and the original Xbox. It's in here.
Phlashman
Site Admin
Gamertag: Phlashman

Game Storage

Post by Phlashman »

What's everyone's plan? 1TB (820GB usable) isn't going to last too long with most games already over 60GB and other easily breaking 100+GB

Seems like the wise thing will be to have a large USB drive and fill your SSD with your active playlist.

I've got an external 2TB HDD that I'll use to install some stuff from on day one and probably keep unplayed and BC games on.

Anyone planning on the external card?
Geordie

Re: Game Storage

Post by Geordie »

I’m going to see how it goes, I have a feeling that once you get used to having that SSD going back to using an external drive is going to feel like pulling teeth.

Alternatively, I’m a right pain to buy a Christmas present for, so might just get everyone to chip in toward getting the add on and be done with it.
keltic_dave

Post by keltic_dave »

probably get myself a big SSD and stick it in an enclosure for most stuff and leave the internal for important games
Photek

Post by Photek »

External USB drive seemed to work ok on my current xbox one x. My problem has been all the bloody updates every time I've got around to wanting to play something. Just isn't the hours in the day (or night) like there used to be.
Born2beSlicker
Gamertag: Born2beSlicker

Post by Born2beSlicker »

I bought the Seagate Xbox Hub (8TB) when it was on sale last year and never looked back. Having every XBO/360/OGX game I actively want to play installed at once only fills up half the drive so it’s overkill and means I can store Series X games on it too.

Having shitty download speeds, there’s a great value in keeping games on a cold storage so I can just transfer them to the SSD of the XSX when I want to really dedicate to that game. For now until SSD prices give more value in the £ > TB storage ratio, this will be my solution. The 1TB memory card for £240 is just too difficult to swallow, despite the fact that I completely get why it’s that price from a technological standpoint.
It’s nice to see you again 💘
ChoZanWan

Post by ChoZanWan »

I've got a 2tb external, and I'm quite picky in what I keep on it. I don't really need a library as such as I normally just have a couple of games on the go at time. As long as the transfer times are manageable I think I'll manage for now. I can't justify that external SSD.
Pug

Post by Pug »

Yep the propriety storage is more than I'd like to spend when I can use an external HDD to store games not in my currant rotation.
ReaperUk

Post by ReaperUk »

I have a 4tb hard drive so will rotate games as and when and might dip on the extra storage in the new year if I feel it’s worth it
hallben
Gamertag: hallben

Post by hallben »

I wont be going near the expansion until it's cheaper, probably just shuffle things around on external HDD's for a bit.
ChoZanWan

Post by ChoZanWan »

Now I've actually watched the video, old school HDD is slow! Might have to go for the middle ground and get a larger SSD and adapter.

Thanks to Amazon and their Shady Practices I shall be upgrading to a 2TB Sandisk SSD, and putting it into an SSD optimised caddy.