Dirt 5

Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, 360 and the original Xbox. It's in here.
Phlashman
Site Admin
Gamertag: Phlashman

Dirt 5

Post by Phlashman »

First Third Party Series X gameplay. (some screen tearing down to capture cards not being up to the task).
3 game modes: Image Quality/Framerate/120hz Which I think is going to be a relatively standard thing going forward.

Looking good for a cross gen third party racer, I definitely need a new driving game (it'll be great to gave on quick resume to jump in and out of) and it's between this and getting the DLC for forza horizon 4 as I've pretty much finished that. Not to bothered about 120hz mode as I don't have anything that can do that.

As usual I think peoples expectations of next gen are very high, when we've been in a diminishing returns for quite a while now. Stable frame rates and resolutions are the big win early.
Born2beSlicker
Gamertag: Born2beSlicker

Re: Dirt 5

Post by Born2beSlicker »

It’s happening!
It’s nice to see you again 💘
hallben
Gamertag: hallben

Post by hallben »

I got hands on with the new Play Grounds mode in late August and really enjoyed it.

It looks like it's shaping up to be a really good racing game, which isn't really a surprise considering it's Codemasters.
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

Are Technica were less complimentary https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/10/ ... usty-ride/

Note to self, don’t look in the comments sections of YouTube videos, unless you want to see a cesspool of humanity, whinging about things they’ve no knowledge of.
ChoZanWan

Post by ChoZanWan »

I've never gotten used to the steer from the centre physics that codemasters use. After playing Horizon and their pretty much spot-on handling, going to anything else just feels odd.
Phlashman
Site Admin

Post by Phlashman »

Geordie wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:13 pm Are Technica were less complimentary https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/10/ ... usty-ride/

Note to self, don’t look in the comments sections of YouTube videos, unless you want to see a cesspool of humanity, whinging about things they’ve no knowledge of.
Yeah, comments sections, even more so around console wars, are just the worst of humanity. I've got a plugin for youtube that just turns them off.

The digital foundry video is good, expectation are more realistic. The polygon article ( https://www.polygon.com/2020/10/12/2150 ... e-a-dragon ) feels about right.
ChoZanWan wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:33 pm I've never gotten used to the steer from the centre physics that codemasters use. After playing Horizon and their pretty much spot-on handling, going to anything else just feels odd.
I think this might be different as it's not the usual Codemasters Dirt team it's Codemasters Cheshire aka Evolution Studios aka (Onrush and Driveclub and Motorstorm).
hallben
Gamertag: hallben

Post by hallben »

Yeh, it felt a lot better than the new GRID for example.
OriginalMrC

Post by OriginalMrC »

The Digital foundry article has got me hyped. I genuinely didn't know it was from the guys that did Driveclub and Motorstorm. I loved those games and even loved On Rush so really looking forward to this now
Phlashman
Site Admin

Post by Phlashman »

I’m still in for this. But I’m also waiting to see what playgrou d has done for Horizon 4. I’m wondering if Microsoft have got their big games not only to do new graphical patches but maybe some DLC to put out there too?