Xbox Series X|S

Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, 360 and the original Xbox. It's in here.
Geordie

Re: Xbox Series X|S

Post by Geordie »

I’ll get to try Jedi Fallen Order tomorrow when I’ve redownloaded it. Just had kittens as I ran into the corrupted image with VRR selected which seems to have been an issue with many HDMI 2.1 TVs. You know you’re an early adopter when you’re having to download updates for your TV as well as the console 🤣
Phlashman
Site Admin
Gamertag: Phlashman

Post by Phlashman »

Phlashman wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:48 pm
hallben wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:42 pm Series X from MS is here, S from Amazon due after 2pm and before 5pm. It also looks like MS may have messed up as I have not been charged for the X...
Weird, because I got the storage card from MS and I got charged over a week ago now and I've had nothing from them about delivery at all.
Did you get charged in the end? Because my expansion card it out for delivery. The money that they'd took was "pending" but now it's not and they've not taken the money?

Are MS store just giving out free gear?
Phlashman
Site Admin

Post by Phlashman »

Geordie wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:39 pm I’ll get to try Jedi Fallen Order tomorrow when I’ve redownloaded it. Just had kittens as I ran into the corrupted image with VRR selected which seems to have been an issue with many HDMI 2.1 TVs. You know you’re an early adopter when you’re having to download updates for your TV as well as the console 🤣
You are in for a treat.

On the TV front, I'm going to wait until next year or the year after to upgrade I think. 120 and HDMI 2.1 ports will be more standard and less pricey. But at the same time I wouldn't mind give 120hz a go.
OriginalMrC

Post by OriginalMrC »

Forza Horizon 4 with the next gen update is absolutely stunning. Genuinely feels like a different game as the buttery smooth frame rates mean you can throw cars round the corners and you can react to what's in front of you that little bit quicker. Can't wait to see what Turn 10 do when they get to build a game from the ground up on the new console
Phlashman
Site Admin

Post by Phlashman »

Yeah, I wasn't expecting to be blown away by the forza update. I'd played a bit on a good gaming PC at 60fps so thought I knew what to expect. But my god, on a big TV and HDR wow!

I kind of wish they had a third string to the Forza now, a street racer version. I know they have city bits in Horizon but I'd love to the spirit of PGR that Horizon has in spades focused on. Tokyo by night on this machine would be wild. London, New York, Rome, Vegas, Dubai. They don't have to be huge horizon type maps and now load times are so small skipping around would be an issue.
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

If you’re wanting that, MS should really just revive Project Gotham Racing or Metropolis Street Racer!

Can imagine that kind of game being amazing with current hardware
Jedi

Post by Jedi »

I finally got the chance to try the console out tonight. I agree, FH4 feels so familiar but very different. Controlling a car at 270+ Mph seemed so much easier and far more responsive than what I’m used to. And it just looks stunning.

I also tried out the Quick Resume option between that and Fifa and I am very impressed. In 20-30 seconds going from racing in Forza to a game of FIFA i started 20 minutes before hand just seems natural.
Phlashman
Site Admin

Post by Phlashman »

Yeah, quick resume is great. I've had it not work a few times though, but there are other times when it's a surprise a game you played a day or two ago is still exactly where you left it.

It could do with some tweaks, a clearer indication of when it's saved something, whats in quick resume and whats going to be knocked off and maybe give you a chance to change to something else. I imagine they'll be coming soon enough.
hallben
Gamertag: hallben

Post by hallben »

My fave use of Quick Resume is AC Valhalla, it works amazingly well and is perfect for a game of that nature.
ChoZanWan

Post by ChoZanWan »

Just had a session of Gears 5, and have had my first experience of how hot the system gets. I've got it in a cabinet with a couple of inches on either side and more than enough at the back. It's horizontal so I know that there is a gap between the boards. Probably why the top/side gets warm. Still a surprise though.