PS5 games in 2020

If it's not on Xbox then you're a bad boy... but so are we.
Born2beSlicker
Gamertag: Born2beSlicker

PS5 games in 2020

Post by Born2beSlicker »

For those who are getting the big boy.
  • Astro’s Playroom
    Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
    Bugsnax
    Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
    Demon’s Souls
    Destruction All Stars
    Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition
    Destiny 2
    Genshin Impact
    Godfall
    Fortnite
    For Honour
    Maneater
    Marvel’s Spider Man Remastered
    Marvel’s Spider Man Miles Morales
    Marvel’s Avengers
    Mortal Kombat 11: Ultimate Edition
    NBA 2k21
    >Observer: System Redux
    Rainbow Six Siege
    Sackboy: A Big Adventure
    The Pathless
    Watch Dogs Legion
It’s nice to see you again 💘
Harry

Re: PS5 games in 2020

Post by Harry »

Not much of a list is it. I think the first few months will be taken up going through games I missed like Days Gone and going back to games knowing your going to get the absolute best performance possible (dishonered 2, prey)

Ghost of Tsunami (because I can’t remember how to spell it) is confirmed as 60fps on PS5. That’s one I’ll grab in a sale.

Quite looking forward to seeing how The Last Guardian runs in the new machine.
Capt Underpants

Post by Capt Underpants »

If Corona hadn't have happened... would the list of games for both consoles been any better?
Harry

Post by Harry »

I really don’t think so. I just don’t think publishers are up for supporting a new console at launch, I think they’re more than happy to wait a year. I think we could be in a multi year state of transition where very few next gen only games are released.
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

I recall the last generational transition being fairly uninspiring too tbh. I think it took a good year or more to really get going
Born2beSlicker
Gamertag: Born2beSlicker

Post by Born2beSlicker »

It’s fair to say that COVID definitely played a factor in the development of a lot of games. However, I don’t think we’d see that many more exclusive launch games like we did previously. Having both this generation and next generation be the same architecture along with many games being “live service” games, it just makes more sense to upgrade what people already own rather than making new software for a fraction of the audience.
It’s nice to see you again 💘
Phlashman
Site Admin
Gamertag: Phlashman

Post by Phlashman »

Totally, its such a huge investment to make a game you can't ignore the existing market. With the XBX and Pro too it kind of set the trend that (like in PC games) you have to make a game that scale to the hardware. Sure they'll be a few exclusive next-gen things and indies, but you won't see loads until the install base is there.

Even cyberpunk is still targeting minimum specs at a low end graphics card from 2012.

We're going to see a lot of games across generations just with the benefits of the SSDs, better resolutions, better textures and better frame rates. Which added up are quite the leap.
DCHAMPX

Post by DCHAMPX »

Launch games almost always suck. Yeah, you may have a couple of decent titles, but the rest are usually fillers until something better comes along. In fact, I don't think there has been a strong line-up on launch for either Xbox or PlayStation since the PS2.

I think this years major launch titles are genuinely amazing though - Spider-Man, Call of Duty, Godfall, Demon's Souls. Also, lets not forget that the major difference with this year with both consoles is that they have almost full backwards compatibility with the current-gen systems AND some games offering an upgrade program. Means players won't be without, especially if they're moving to another camp when the consoles launch.
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

PS2 having a strong launch? Didn’t realise Fantavision had such a strong following 🤣
DCHAMPX

Post by DCHAMPX »

Geordie wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:57 pm PS2 having a strong launch? Didn’t realise Fantavision had such a strong following 🤣
FantaVision was the tits pal! :lol:

I recall getting Ridge Racer, SSX, Tekken, TimeSplitters, Ready2Rumble... I don't think that's too bad for the first few weeks. I think I also got Silent Scope too which was god awful.