Hades [Switch/PC]

If it's not on Xbox then you're a bad boy... but so are we.
Born2beSlicker
Gamertag: Born2beSlicker

Hades [Switch/PC]

Post by Born2beSlicker »

Hades is very likely going to be a top contender for GOTY for many publications and with good reason.
Metacritic.

It’s an isometric, hack and slash rogue-like set in the depths of hell. Unlike every other rogue-like however, death is not a punishment. Yes, your run ends and you lose your money. However, you gain more story, character interaction and you can buy permanent upgrades to make the next run that little bit better.

It’s by SuperGiant Games (Bastion, Transistor, Pyre) and it’s utterly incredible. There’s also a long running NoClip documentary series about how it went from easy access to full launch and how the pandemic impacted development.

If you haven’t tried it, do check it out, if you are playing it, how far did you get? So far I’ve made it to the third level, Elysium.
Last edited by Born2beSlicker on Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It’s nice to see you again 💘
Phlashman
Site Admin
Gamertag: Phlashman

Re: Hades [Switch/PC]

Post by Phlashman »

Looks awesome, but going to wait for the port. Being Supergiant I can't imagine they won't do one sooner or later.
Born2beSlicker

Post by Born2beSlicker »

Maybe to PS4/5 but they haven’t been on Xbox in years.
hallben
Gamertag: hallben

Post by hallben »

It's a quality game that I put a fair amount of time into when it first hit in preview on Epic.

Gonna wait for an Xbox port before I pick it up again though.
Born2beSlicker

Post by Born2beSlicker »

I’m still very sceptical that there would be an Xbox port. They’ve shown no interest in Xbox in years.
hallben

Post by hallben »

It was the language in the last episode of the NoClip documentary that gave me hope. Re-building the code platform from the ground up to make it easier to port, makes me think that isn't just for the Nintendo Switch.
Born2beSlicker

Post by Born2beSlicker »

Yeah, I’d see them putting it on PS4/5 and iOS before Xbox but I’d like to be wrong.
OriginalMrC

Post by OriginalMrC »

It's brilliant and I say that as someone who doesn't necessarily like rouge like games. Bastion and Transistor are brilliant and although Pyre was good it felt like a bit of a misstep for me. This is definitely a return to form
The Magic Moose

Post by The Magic Moose »

This game is soooo good! It's Super Giant's best game by far. The way it integrates story with the rouge like mechanics is ingenious. I'd urge people not to sleep on this. As Slicker says. They've not put a game on Xbox since 2011.
hallben

Post by hallben »

Bastion came to Xbox One December 2016. :)