What did you get up to?

Warning: Opinions expressed in this forum maybe dumb and not thought through.
Born2beSlicker
Gamertag: Born2beSlicker

What did you get up to?

Post by Born2beSlicker »

If you’re from the old BXB, how’s it going? What happened to you these past 5 years? Where are you now? How does it feel being back?

I’ll post my own story later as I’m a bit busy just now.
It’s nice to see you again 💘
Dazzler UK
Gamertag: Dazzler UK

Re: What did you get up to?

Post by Dazzler UK »

Slicker! Hope all is well my friend! I was going to start a similar thread, great minds and all that jazz.

I work for a brewery as a sales rep, have done since 2013. I left Cardiff and moved to Exeter in Jan 2017 for a work opportunity on the agreement that if a role came up back at home they would let me come home, which actually happened in June 2018, so I've been home just over 2 years now. Whilst living in Exeter I met my now fiance and dragged her back to Cardiff with me!

Was meant to be married in September this year but the wedding got COVID'd so it's now been pushed back to September 21, crossing everything it's all fine by then! No kids yet, I'm not ready to give up the mantle of being the (man)child of the house just yet :D

Games - I'm as unadventurous as ever, currently only really playing Warzone as I don't get as much time online as I used to! What's everyone else playing currently?
Phlashman
Site Admin
Gamertag: Phlashman

Post by Phlashman »

Me well, at the end of old BXB I'd just met my partner Ruth. Since then we've had a jolly old time, travelled the world, gone to lots of festivals, gone to plenty of protests, got a house together, started a business, raised her daughter from 9-16.

Overall, living the good life in Rugby. 2020 is obviously been a shitter (Ruth was without work and pay for 4 months) but I've been working at home throughout and busy. I just miss being able to plan an adventure.
Capt Underpants

Post by Capt Underpants »

Got some pubes.
keltic_dave

Post by keltic_dave »

5 years ago I was in a relationship but that tanked 3 years after around that time I started to see I wasn't taking care of myself I was nearing 20stone. Started going for walks, eating better, at which point I started seeing the weight drop and my doctor suggested taking up running. So for 2 or so years been running and just trying to take care of myself better.

Had some rocky times with my fathers health the last couple of years so moved back in to help around and well now I'm in lockdown as both my parents are high risk so I try to keep going out to a minimum but I do keep up with my running.

So not a lot has really happened but I'm in better physical and mental state than I was 5 years ago. Seeing BXB back up and running is a great wee boost of positive news during all this bullshit that's been happening in 2020 so big thanks to the Phlashman

The Magic Moose

Post by The Magic Moose »

Hello! Not a great deal has changed for me personally, still living in the same place, same job etc. Just older and even grumpier.
Doesn't really feel like I've left as I've kept in touch with most people I hung around with online from the old days on here and still play games with most of them.
Phlashman
Site Admin
Gamertag: Phlashman

Post by Phlashman »

Great work Dave. I did a similar thing around 2013-14 and healthy body, healthy mind is certainly a thing, really need to get back running.
keltic_dave

Post by keltic_dave »

Capt Underpants wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:33 pm Got some pubes.

never change :lol:
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

After whining about hating being in the RAF for what felt like an eternity (most of the 23 years I did), I finally left last summer and am now training to be a Mental Health Nurse. Hasn’t exactly been the student experience I was expecting, but I can’t really grumble, looking forward to heading out on a Community placement at the end of the month.
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

Capt Underpants wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:33 pm Got some pubes.
If every podcast and YouTube vid I seem to watch is right, apparently Manscaped can sort that out for you :lol: