Star Trek Discovery

Music, Film, TV, DVDs and the like
Geordie

Star Trek Discovery

Post by Geordie »

Not normally a massive Trek Fan (Long story) but have found this to be excellent; since it stopped trying to be a classic reboot and found its own identity. Just wondered what the actual Trek fans on here thought about it
hallben
Gamertag: hallben

Re: Star Trek Discovery

Post by hallben »

This season has been brilliant and better than Picard for that classic Trek feeling. I am enjoying it so much more now!
keltic_dave

Post by keltic_dave »

Geordie wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:31 am Not normally a massive Trek Fan (Long story) but have found this to be excellent; since it stopped trying to be a classic reboot and found its own identity. Just wondered what the actual Trek fans on here thought about it
It got better because it went back to what trek was all about first half of season 1 of discovery is a mess and second season is a return to the values the shows have always held dear. The third season I haven't watched but I heard that it's found it's feet and now is more episodic and hopeful scifi rather than the doom and gloom running through season 1 and 2.

Though there are inconsistencies in it such as Vulcan having a moon when in TOS Spock clearly states it doesn't have a moon it's a show I'm happy to see has found it's feet just like all Trek which always seems to be season 3 :lol:
keltic_dave

Post by keltic_dave »

Got around to binging what was currently out and yeah this season is really good it's giving space for supporting characters and has a mostly hopeful feel to it.