The Boys [Amazon Prime]

Music, Film, TV, DVDs and the like
Born2beSlicker
Gamertag: Born2beSlicker

The Boys [Amazon Prime]

Post by Born2beSlicker »

Who else is watching The Boys now that season 2 has finished?

I hate the MCU and the in general Super Hero phenomenon in pop culture so I found this show very cathartic. The Seven is fairly close to how I feel the actual Avengers would be if it was real. That and the “idol” aspect of them and how micro-managed they are is how I believe Disney is with the actual actors who sign onto do the films.

It’s a really fun show that’s both dumb and smart in its own way. It’s by Eric Kripke who did Supernatural, which is another show I really got into last year and it has some similar vibes. It’s nice to see him find success again.
It’s nice to see you again 💘
Nighteyes

Re: The Boys [Amazon Prime]

Post by Nighteyes »

Didn't like the series 2 finale, too many contrivances. Also, the switch to weekly episodes can piss off.

Otherwise I love the show.

I also love the MCU, Thor and Cap are my heroes, so fuck you, slicker. :P
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

Yeah literally just watched the finale, which felt like it was trying to wrap up too many loose ends, far too quickly. But in general I’ve really enjoyed the show.
Capt Underpants

Post by Capt Underpants »

Nighteyes wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:04 pm Didn't like the series 2 finale, too many contrivances. Also, the switch to weekly episodes can piss off.

Otherwise I love the show.

I also love the MCU, Thor and Cap are my heroes, so fuck you, slicker. :P
I tried to convince him to at least try and watch one of the Marvel films. I know he'd enjoy himself. Won't budge.
Capt Underpants

Slicker have you seen Watchmen (the HBO series)?
Phlashman
Site Admin
Gamertag: Phlashman

Post by Phlashman »

I finished it this morning. I like it. Though the season 2 finale felt like they were unsure if they were going to get another season so tied pretty much everything up in case they did get canned. Season 3 will probably feel like a whole fresh program.
F2

Post by F2 »

Share the same feelings as most here, after I had finished it I had to check to see if it had been renewed or not.

All in all though the show is great!
Born2beSlicker

Post by Born2beSlicker »

Capt Underpants wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:29 pm Slicker have you seen Watchmen (the HBO series)?
I have not. Angela hated the movie so she killed any desire to watch the show though I’m aware they’re very different.
Phlashman wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:49 pm I finished it this morning. I like it. Though the season 2 finale felt like they were unsure if they were going to get another season so tied pretty much everything up in case they did get canned. Season 3 will probably feel like a whole fresh program.
They knew it was renewed about half way in. I think the reason they did what they did is because season 3 will see at least 1 new confirmed hero. I won’t say who or who it’s based upon but the info is out there. They’re essentially moving onto a new arch.
Capt Underpants wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:27 pm I tried to convince him to at least try and watch one of the Marvel films. I know he'd enjoy himself. Won't budge.
I’ve seen Spider-Verse and I was subjected to Doctor Strange against my will. Spider-Verse was pretty good but Doctor Strange was mind numbingly boring. There’s also little that’s worse than when somebody says something like: “I know you’ll feel X” when they’ve shown no indication that they would feel that thing what so ever. It’s ridiculous.
Capt Underpants

Born2beSlicker wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:35 pm
Capt Underpants wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:29 pm Slicker have you seen Watchmen (the HBO series)?
I have not. Angela hated the movie so she killed any desire to watch the show though I’m aware they’re very different.
Phlashman wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:49 pm I finished it this morning. I like it. Though the season 2 finale felt like they were unsure if they were going to get another season so tied pretty much everything up in case they did get canned. Season 3 will probably feel like a whole fresh program.
They knew it was renewed about half way in. I think the reason they did what they did is because season 3 will see at least 1 new confirmed hero. I won’t say who or who it’s based upon but the info is out there. They’re essentially moving onto a new arch.
Capt Underpants wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:27 pm I tried to convince him to at least try and watch one of the Marvel films. I know he'd enjoy himself. Won't budge.
I’ve seen Spider-Verse and I was subjected to Doctor Strange against my will. Spider-Verse was pretty good but Doctor Strange was mind numbingly boring. There’s also little that’s worse than when somebody says something like: “I know you’ll feel X” when they’ve shown no indication that they would feel that thing what so ever. It’s ridiculous.
I highly recommend the TV show. It's one of the best seasons of television I have ever watched. Much less to do with superheroes and more to do with the searing racism and injustice in modern day America. If anything, it grows more prescient by the day. Will be right up your alley.
Born2beSlicker

Post by Born2beSlicker »

The headline is a bit bait-like but a good interview with Eric Kripke and how Superheroes originate from a sort of fascist place. How he/they changed frustrations of today into the show and how that plays out.

I don’t agree with everything said in it but it’s quite interesting.
Season 2 spoilers in it.

http://thr.cm/r4ByjLE