As I was saying...

Warning: Opinions expressed in this forum maybe dumb and not thought through.
Phlashman
Site Admin
Gamertag: Phlashman

As I was saying...

Post by Phlashman »

So where were we?

Hi Everybody.

OK you lot. It's 2020 and it's been a few years. I miss you all (* with a few exceptions :) ).

So Slicker post a meme thing on twitter: https://twitter.com/Born2beSlicker/stat ... 4934428677 and it twanged my cold heart. With the new consoles just round the corner I thought I'll throw up a quick old school phpBB forums and see if any of you guys want to shit post again?

We're all older, the worlds a bit of mess but BXB was undoubtedly something good and it might be something fun for us right now. This might be a huge mistake, I don't know if anyone wants it or not, I don't know if there'll be enough traffic to keep the forum fresh in an age of twitter, facebook and reddit. I just thought it might be a bit of fun.

I've recreated just the basics but could add more depending on what people want/need. Dunno if it'll be a new forever thing or just a temporary attraction.

A few points
:arrow: I don't have the old rules but they still apply.
Basically, don't be a nob. The banhammer is ready to be used for any reason.
:arrow: Please don't be a nob.
Don't register under someone else's old username, and try and use your old username if you had one. We're all old now, we don't need more confusion.
:arrow: New members are more than welcome
Feel free to invite people. I'm sure we've all made some awesome friends recently. Make new people feel welcome.
:arrow: No penguin games
:arrow: No fake eBay posts

Lastly I want to give a shout out to Ben (hallben) and Richard (Colonel Red) they've been doing the quality work they used to do for the front page over at https://www.experiencekills.co.uk/ go check out their podcast.

So whats up?

Also it's been a while since I've done this, so if something ain't working let me know.
Born2beSlicker
Gamertag: Born2beSlicker

Re: As I was saying...

Post by Born2beSlicker »

Holy crap. I had this really weird dream that BXB closed down. Like, people gave up and moved on. Then there was a referendum on the EU, Trump was President, there was a deadly virus that infected you if you breathed. Also the new Xbox was a huge brick?

Weird. Anyway, check out the next podcast.
It’s nice to see you again 💘
Dazzler UK
Gamertag: Dazzler UK

Post by Dazzler UK »

Just when you resign yourself to expecting shit news after shit news, BXB comes back to save 2020! Great to be back! :D
Phlashman
Site Admin

Post by Phlashman »

Born2beSlicker wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:32 pm Holy crap. I had this really weird dream that BXB closed down. Like, people gave up and moved on. Then there was a referendum on the EU, Trump was President, there was a deadly virus that infected you if you breathed. Also the new Xbox was a huge brick?

Weird. Anyway, check out the next podcast.
Yeah, none of those things happened.

Welcome back to early 2016!
Dazzler UK wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:32 pm Just when you resign yourself to expecting shit news after shit news, BXB comes back to save 2020! Great to be back! :D
Damn right.
Dazzler UK
Gamertag: Dazzler UK

Post by Dazzler UK »

Now then. First order of business. Which one of you sly lot secretly has a vaccine ready for mass production so we can get back to normal?
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

As I’m now a (allegedly) mature student, I’d be quite happy with another lockdown sometime close to the 10th of November. I mean it’ll delay me qualifying, but that’s a price worth paying to get a few weeks uninterrupted gaming in isn’t it? :D
F2

Post by F2 »

Phlashman wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:31 pm :arrow: Please don't be a nob.
Don't register under someone else's old username, and try and use your old username if you had one. We're all old now, we don't need more confusion.
Physically couldn't register under my old username but BXB is back so I am not going to complain :lol:
Phlashman
Site Admin

Post by Phlashman »

I'm working from home so I've had zero lockdown time off. But I've blocked off sometime from Nov 10th and it's going to live in my office.
Phlashman
Site Admin

Post by Phlashman »

FTwo wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:44 pm
Physically couldn't register under my old username but BXB is back so I am not going to complain :lol:
Mmm, should be the case what was your original username?
F2

Post by F2 »

Phlashman wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:46 pm
FTwo wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:44 pm
Mmm, should be the case what was your original username?
F2 (minimum of 3 characters are required now)