Football 20/21

Warning: Opinions expressed in this forum maybe dumb and not thought through.
Dazzler UK
Gamertag: Dazzler UK

Football 20/21

Post by Dazzler UK »

I can't remember how popular football threads were last time around but a lot has happened in the last decade so fingers crossed people can come in and brag/moan about their teams.

Liverpool fan here so over the moon with what Klopp has done but also trying to get last weekends results Null and Void. Not a good day!

Any predictions for Top 4/Relegation this year?
Phlashman
Site Admin
Gamertag: Phlashman

Re: Football 20/21

Post by Phlashman »

See I didn't put the sports forum back on because I thought it wasn't a busy area... and the first new topic is this.

I've kind of given up paying attention to football. Because as a Leicester fan and season ticket holder in 15/16 I've completed football.
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

Sadly I’m still waiting for Mike Ashley to finally do one from Newcastle.

As for placing this year, I think last weekend’s results show that without crowds etc this season is going to be very unpredictable. I’m hoping there are 3 teams worse than us. Although I’m imagining we'll no doubt be statistically the worst team in the league yet again, if the opening games are any indication. Purely because us remaining in the PL increases the likelihood we'll hopefully find a willing bidder, that the PL approve of (Would rather not have Saudi Arabia anywhere near my club, but I can’t help feeling that a traditional top six club would have seen that takeover approved without any issue).
Dazzler UK

Post by Dazzler UK »

Phlashman wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:50 pm See I didn't put the sports forum back on because I thought it wasn't a busy area... and the first new topic is this.

I've kind of given up paying attention to football. Because as a Leicester fan and season ticket holder in 15/16 I've completed football.
Yeah I had a vague memory of the football thread being a bit dead but thought I'd give it a go anyway!

You weren't one of the ones who bet on them that season were you!?
Phlashman
Site Admin
Gamertag: Phlashman

Post by Phlashman »

I actually have a facebook post that I get reminded of every year around late october, where I pointed out that we were 5000-1 to win the league...

...wasn't actually clever enough to put some actual money on it though.
Dazzler UK

Post by Dazzler UK »

Geordie wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:53 pm As for placing this year, I think last weekend’s results show that without crowds etc this season is going to be very unpredictable. I’m hoping there are 3 teams worse than us. Although I’m imagining we'll no doubt be statistically the worst team in the league yet again, if the opening games are any indication. Purely because us remaining in the PL increases the likelihood we'll hopefully find a willing bidder, that the PL approve of (Would rather not have Saudi Arabia anywhere near my club, but I can’t help feeling that a traditional top six club would have seen that takeover approved without any issue).
I'm still torn on the reason for the mad games. Can't decide if it is the lack of fans, lack of pre-season or both. Throwing out some crazy games/results already though!
Newcastle will be fine this season. As far as I can see West Brom and Fulham are pretty nailed on to go down already and you're a lot better than at least another 3 or 4 teams too.
ReaperUk

Post by ReaperUk »

As a Man Utd fan can I ask phlash that you delete this thread please 🙏🏻
Dazzler UK

Post by Dazzler UK »

ReaperUk wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:14 am As a Man Utd fan can I ask phlash that you delete this thread please 🙏🏻
But Ole’s at the wheel?! :D
It’s baffling what’s happening at United. I see a lot of hate directed to Woodward but It seems like the issues are a lot deeper than that. Who do you blame?
DCHAMPX

Post by DCHAMPX »

Dazzler UK wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:15 am
ReaperUk wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:14 am As a Man Utd fan can I ask phlash that you delete this thread please 🙏🏻
It’s baffling what’s happening at United. I see a lot of hate directed to Woodward but It seems like the issues are a lot deeper than that. Who do you blame?
ReaperUk

Post by ReaperUk »

Dazzler UK wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:15 am
The owners as all they do is take money from the club which they saddled with debt and Woodward as he has proven year after year he hasn’t a clue about football. Really think we should have got a director of football in last year like we said we would.